- More than 25 charities from the last research (that we know of) have updated their donation pages since last research released in 2016. And I’m so grateful that so far xx have agreed to share their donation pages data to compare 2015 with 2018 results.
- In general, donation volumes and income have gone up considerably but average gift has gone up and down over the last 3 years
- So far, we’ve only made 15 donations (top 10 charities from the scorecard included) and we’ve had 4 errors! Imagine how many donors you’re missing out on, or losing at the first donation due to a bad experience!
- Donations are much faster this time round because browser saves cc details
- This time we’re also looking at referral source for traffic to donation pages and which channel drives the donations. I think this will be important as email is declining for the first time in the history of digital marketing and fundraising and more organisations are starting to focus on search engine optimisation and using their Google Grant more effectively.
- Do active subscribers (people who open and click on emails regularly) give more often?
- Do unsubscribe rates correlate with donor cancellations (RG) or cash donors lapsing?
- INSERT HYPOTHESIS FROM BRIEF
Shanelle Newton Clapham