There are 5 main digital media channels where you can purchase online and mobile media.
Display banner advertising
Display banner advertising is one of the oldest forms of online media, going back almost 2 decades. The IAB standardized the size of banner ads about 2006. The number of standard sizes continues to grow but the tried and trusted are:
- the banner at 468×60 (wide x high) pixels,
- the leaderboard at 728×90 pixels,
- the medium rectangle (med rec) or island ad at 300×250 pixels,
- the skyscraper at 120×600 pixels or the wide sky at 160×600 pixels and
- the tower at 120×240 pixels.
The IAB have done a survey of advertisers and publishers to ask the industry what online advertising placements they thought were the most creative as well as effective. These placements were called the rising stars and the 6 winners were: Read more →